Let's get to know ourselves

I am Ajirioghene Anthony but everyone calls me Ajay. I am a Dad; Physicist; Systems Engineer; RAF Veteran; Crowdcube investor and Blockchain enthusiast.

2 Likes

@Sydriq, now that’s an amazing background - Physics, Systems Engineering and the Royal Air Force. And now MarketsFlow investor! I trained in New York with an Investment Bank, I love snorkelling and digital photography - going to combine these two hobbies soon and I’m soon to be a Dad yet again - so very exciting times!

1 Like

Thank you Asif and nice to meet you!

Also congratulations on the your baby that is coming soon. I have two beautiful girls and they rock my world.

1 Like

Hi @Sydriq, so nice to meet you! I am Marie and here to help MarketsFlow’s clients with any questions or issues, tell you about what’s happening at MarketsFlow and steer the Marketing – always with the help of our clients’ and investors’ ideas, as they are the most important part of MarketsFlow!

My background is Marketing, Branding across the board and everything related to promoting a brand whilst improving the product offering using the all-important client feedback.

As a person I am quite active and creative, love finding solutions to problems and always need a goal to keep me going. My favourite place is anywhere near water especially the sea, it helps clear my thoughts and energise.
But enough about me! Am really looking forward to meeting you all on our Community forum and discussing your valuable ideas and questions on all things MarketsFlow!

2 Likes

Nice to meet you and really looking forward to many great years ahead!

2 Likes

Hello Ajay, nice to meet. :wave:

I am Tom, and for the last 4 years I have been living and breathing MarketsFlow. I really love it.

But other than MarketsFlow, I like walking, travelling and high intensity sports. I am a big fan of everything Mexican - love the food, culture, people, music and the spirit. I also like data and especially the financial markets (no surprises there!) :grin:

2 Likes

I am Martijn, Dutch but have lived the last 18 years in the U.K. in London and then Derbyshire.

Am first and foremost a husband and a dad of three little boys - with a fourth son in the way. There is nothing better than being a dad. Other than that, am a Group Strategy Director for one of the biggest asset managers in the world.

Don’t have much spare time as I spend every spare moment with my wife and kids, but when I can I like to exercise, and love reading and history although I rarely have time for the latter two!

Excited about the MarketsFlow journey, I believe they got something that sets them apart from traditional asset managers the newer so-called “robo managers” - i.e. an affordable way to generate alpha through active management, without paying through the nose for fees.

2 Likes

Really pleased to meet you Martijn!

2 Likes

Hi @Sydriq, great to e-meet you! I’m a Civil Servant on the ‘Generalist Fast Stream’ and I’m primarily a Policy Professional. I’ve been a Capability Lead at DWP, in Rail Franchising Commercial Strategy at the Department for Transport, in Product Safety Policy at BEIS, a Business Strategy Development Officer at Cabinet Office, in EU Exit Customs Policy at HMRC (focusing on Future Options & Trade Policy) and in Financial Services Policy at HM Treasury.

I did my MSc in Advanced Computer Science with Internet Economics (Distinction) from the University of Liverpool and my BSc (Hons) in Philosophy, Politics and Economics (Economics major) from the University of Warwick.

Prior to joining the Civil Service, I used to write for think tanks and media outlets on a wide variety of policy areas and topics whilst at University.

I’m currently 25 so looking forward to seeing MarketsFlow becoming a well-established institution in my lifetime!

Also a member of the MarketsFlow Thought Lab (having invested in the previous CC round and the most recent one).

2 Likes

Lovely to meet you! We will sure Marketsflow become a blue whale :grin:.

1 Like