Partnerships with other FinTechs

I’m sure this has been floated on numerous occasions but, especially with MarketsFlow’s recent and promising offering for retail clients, there’s huge scope for partnerships with other exciting / established FinTechs such as Chip (invested in them), MoneyDashboard (also invested there), Monzo, Revolut etc. to provide superior returns to their clients.

Would be keen to hear others’ thoughts on this.

4 Likes

Definitely would be useful. Yolt and Emma would be good ones, as are others such as MoneyDashboard and MoneyHub. Chip perhaps for micro-Savings into MF.

I am well connected on the FinTech scene. Know the CEOs of MoneyHub, am a strategic advisor to Chip, know the ex CEO of MoneyDashboard, etc.

Let me know how I can help.

5 Likes

Monzo would be a good one given their large and expanding customer base. They have an arrangement with OakNorth which includes a cash ISA and arrangements with Investec and Shawbrook. However they are all cash products and Monzo has stated it is looking to increase the service providers it partners with.

Additionally Starling has a marketplace section on its app and has arrangements with Wealthify, PensionBee and Wealthsimple.

I’m sure both would be interested in looking at a potential partnership.

3 Likes

Monzo, Starling and Revolut are all building marketplaces. Revolut stated they want to be the “amazon of finance”, as in that they create a two-sided marketplace, underpinned by their platform, whereby people can buy all finance products they would ever need - either from Revolut it other parties.

I had a conversation with @tom_mf about this some weeks ago. The biggest hurdle to overcome with them is that you need to (a) have a very good API that can link in with them and (b) your sign-up process needs to be very slick and done within minutes. With regards to the latter, some of the AML and KYC may be done by them and then handed over, but that differs per party. Some of them will also wish to white-label it under their brand, others won’t.

It would be good to initiate a discussion with them - amongst those three are 3.5m customers and counting. MF may be from a technology perspective not quite ready, but it’d be good to test the water with regards to interest and then establish a roadmap with them.

Another interesting could be Portify, they are building a platform for the gig economy - where people typically have smaller amounts to invest (cue the £10 portfolio!), and are underinvested. They are much smaller though and at a much earlier stage. I know their CEO as well.

Finally, the original founder of MoneyDashboard is building a new startup which could be a nice link-up as well. I am meeting him in a few weeks again.

2 Likes

Hope the “New Startup” will raise on Crowdcube :grin:

2 Likes

Not initially, I believe he already secured significant funding elsewhere.

1 Like

@VishalWilde @Martijn @JamesWhitt some great thoughts on potential partnerships. Yes I agree that there is a huge scope of partnerships across multiple verticals with different brand names on a win-win relationship. @Martijn dear I say that our API capabilities are second to none. Infact I would argue the data engine is seriously slick, and we can integrate with any third party in a flash. The guys just did a brilliant job in minutes with IEX today.

I think the bigger picture is that MF offers a complementing product - crossover from savings into investments. We can tailor our offerings as we control the underlying investment management, so can be customised. That is unique and powerful offering.

3 Likes

Great news around the API, @tom_mf. It’s the main stumbling block for many startups.

I think MF can position itself as being part of the journey of taking someone from being a spender into a saver, and then a saver into an investor. The latter part is where MF sits nicely and where it can complement the offerings of Monzo, Starling, Revolut and others.

It can also differentiate itself from other investment options. It’s not a box-standard ISA, it’s not a DIY stock broker like FreeTrade, it’s not a CFD like e-Toro, and it’s not a passively managed ETF, not a high-cost actively managed fund with a high entry point. It’s the best of all the above in many ways.

3 Likes