The sheer brilliance of the Portfolios being in cash

Congratulations to all at MF with the Portfolios being in cash over a very volatile last week or so.
I know of several people with Pensions investments, who have had serious reversals of fortune over these recent days. There is only one answer to volatility & the uncertain dynamics of markets - MARKETSFLOW!!!

3 Likes

I can attest to my pension being allocated to index tracker funds and getting hammered by the ongoing onslaught! I think this period of prudence during difficult and stressful situations will reflect well during the next funding round and amongst clients / investors.

1 Like

The question is - is it still in cash?

Any losses I incurred the last week I already recovered by now in my investments elsewhere.

1 Like

It would be great to have an update on this - I check my account once a day at the moment and no change would suggest no investment taking place at all.

See @paul_mf’s latest response (at the time of writing) to me on this thread

1 Like

Something I’ve noted (perhaps erroneously but I’d welcome others’ thoughts) is that, on the basis of daily performance, my ISA portfolio often tends to limit losses (i.e. outperforms the index when the S&P500 is in the red) whilst not fully capturing the upside of index movements (i.e. underperforming when the S&P500 increases positively).

There is clearly serious value in the MarketsFlow AI system in this (risk-averse) regard but I wonder what more can be done to capitalise on positive market movements especially if it is human-based ‘engineering biases’ (as opposed to unintentional, emergent phenomena) that leads to these trends.

Again, my conclusions may be erroneously deduced and these observations could just be peculiar to the ISA portfolio as opposed to the other two portfolios.

In any case, would be keen to hear others’ thoughts.

1 Like